Monday, April 25, 2011


Lately, I have been making some functional work for a couple of craft shows. Here I am working in the studio...

I am always making mugs with different decorations on the outside, keeping that same "tulip" shape with the pronounced foot (you can see some on the left in this picture, waiting to be fired, and some to the right, completed).

The baskets are new for me, and each has its own character. Some are more structured and evenly woven, and some are very amorphous and more vine/nest-like. I am enjoying making them, and am currently using one in my house as a bread basket!

I have also been making necklaces with clay pendants...these are fun, because they combine my love of beadwork with ceramics. The patterns are made by rolling lace over the clay, or using stamps to create textures that capture the glazes nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment